Enjoy this unique appetizer as a stand-alone dish or with your favorite crackers.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
In a large bowl, beat all ingredients except bacon until blended. Roll into 1 ¼ inch balls.
Place crumbled bacon into a small shallow dish; roll cheese balls in bacon. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and serve alone or with assorted crackers.
Pairs well with Semi-dry Riesling and Dry Riesling wines.