We are seeking experienced tasting room educators, who are proactive in providing an excellent wine tasting experience and superb customer service. You should be able to work independently and as a team player. You will work with the Retail Manager to ensure the tasting room is running efficiently. Applicants should be willing to learn, ambitious, dependable, energetic, honest, responsible and dedicated to continuing the quality service that has become the backbone of our business. A self-starter with organizational skills, able to lift 40 pounds, and flexible scheduling, weekends are a MUST.
We are currently hiring for seasonal, weekend only and part-time seasonal positions, with opportunity for year-round employment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
– Greet and properly serve wines for guests.
– Inform and educate through describing wines, wine-making and winery & regional history.
– Sell wines by educating and assisting the customer in making purchasing decisions
– Promote and sell elevated tasting experiences, Wine Club memberships and special events at the winery.
– Perform accurate POS transactions and money handling.
– Perform daily cleaning and facility duties.
– Assist with special events in the tasting room.
– Other duties assigned by the Retail Manager.
Preferred Requirements & Qualifications:
WSET Level 1 or equivalent certification.
2+ years of winery, hospitality, customer service, or a relevant retail sales position.
Knowledgeable about wine and tasting room operations.
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Competitive wage based on experience and education. Education incentives: including tuition reimbursement and increased wage for educational accomplishments in approved wine & wine sales related courses, accrued paid sick and personal time off, consistent schedule, and a generous employee discounts on wine and merchandise.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org