Our famous chocolate chili. Deemed a crowd-favorite at our chocolate and wine events, this unique dish is sure to impress.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 large stalk of celery, chopped
- 16 ounce can of tomatoes, cut up
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- A pinch of dry mustard, ginger, and cloves
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ – 1 cup of Fulkerson Vincent wine
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Brown meat, onion, and garlic together, then combine that and all other ingredients in pot. Simmer very slowly for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally (an alternative to simmering is baking in a covered dish on low heat [200 degrees]).
Start with minimum amounts of chocolate chips, wine, and hot sauce and add more to suit your tastes.
Pairs well with Vincent wine.