This cheddar crumble is a marriage of a classic recipe and the ingredient that we are mildly addicted to- cheese.
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tart apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
Lightly mix flour, oatmeal, sugar, butter, and spices until coarse and crumbly. Toss apples in lemon juice. Add the cheddar cheese to the apples. Put apple and cheese mixture into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish or six 1-cup oven proof dishes. Top with flour mixture. Bake at 375° for 25-35 minutes or until top is lightly brown and the crumble is bubbling. Serves 6.
Pairs well with Dry Riesling and Pinot Noir wines.